small collection of trans education resources for cis allies who are interested
Note: I am posting this as an fyi, and I expect that you will read this and parse it for yourself. My posting it here is not necessarily an endorsement of any specific person/lifestyle choice, etc.
Rather, it is in the interest of educating you that there are far more variations in that gender spectrum rainbow that stretches between those 2 poles of humanity’s gender, female and male.
- what does “cisgender” mean?
- what does “transgender” mean?
- what does “genderqueer” mean?
- what does “non-binary” mean?
- in-depth interview with a non-binary genderqueer person about their identity
- what does “intersex” mean?
- but how does the psychology community feel about trans people?
- why is it hard for trans people to access medical care?
- other various terms, and some more